Get your e-commerce license in Dubai
E-commerce businesses have a low level of entry barriers and have enabled a lot of people to build their business empires. If you are interested in setting up your e-commerce business in Dubai, then here’s the only guide you will need.
Choosing between a Free Zone or Mainland for your e-commerce license.
One of the first things you would need to do is to choose where you want to set up your business; in a free zone or mainland. There are around 10 free zones in the UAE that will either offer you an e-commerce license or an equivalent that will allow you to conduct your business.
Mainland jurisdictions in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and RAK also allow you to get an e-commerce license.
List of free zones that offer e-commerce licenses in Dubai
- Dubai South
- Sharjah Media City
- RAK Economic Zone
- Fujairah Creative City
- Sharjah Research Technology & Innovation Park
Apply for an e-commerce license in UAE
Prepare for your application:
- Choose a company name
- The business activity
- Passport copy and/or visa
- Contact information of all shareholders (phone number, email, and address)
- Share ratio
Start the process with the chosen jurisdiction
- Submit the documents according to the requirements
- Pay the application fees for initial approval
- Once you get that initial approval you will be issued your license. It can take anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days depending on your chosen jurisdiction.
Cost of getting your e-commerce license
Getting an e-commerce license in Dubai will start from AED 5,750.
Register for VAT
If the value of your imports exceeds AED 375,000 then you would be required to register for a VAT. The Exillium team can help you with the VAT registration, get in touch.
If you have any other questions, please get in touch with our expert consultants.