If you want to start your own business in the UAE, but have limited resources or don’t want to make too much upfront investment, then dropshipping might be the solution.
What is Dropshipping?
It’s an e-commerce business solution where you don’t hold any stocks of the products you sell. You display the products in your store and do the marketing to bring customers to your store. But, once the customer places an order, the manufacturer or the supplier directly delivers the products to the customers. You will basically be the middle person between the manufacturer and the customers.
What are the benefits of dropshipping?
- Start your own business at a low investment. All you need is to get the business license, pay for the domain, CMS & the marketing cost
- Test the idea/products before you start your own manufacturing unit
- No need for warehouses or storage facilities
- Remove the hassle of managing deliveries
- Options to white label your brand
Risks of starting a dropshipping business
- Less control over the quality of products
- Comparatively less margin
- No control over the supply chain
However, if you do proper due diligence while choosing the suppliers or go with trustworthy dropshipping platforms, you can avoid falling prey to the risks.
Advantages of starting a dropshipping business in the UAE
Additionally, there the country offers many opportunities to business owners interested in dropshipping.
- World-class internet infrastructure
- Growing economy
- Easy company setup
How to start your dropshipping business in the UAE?
- Validate the idea: Like any business, the first step is to finalize your idea; what kind of products do you want to sell, they can range from fashion accessories to home care products.
- Choose the suppliers: You could either find manufacturers directly and work with them or you can use dropshipping supplier platforms.
- Get the business license: Once you have chosen the right product & supplier, you can start the process of registering for your company and getting the business license. If you have never done it yourself before, you might want to go for a business consultant to make sure you can choose the right company type as well as the business zone.
- Set up your e-commerce store: Shopify & Woo-commerce are some of the biggest e-commerce CMS available today. They are both user-friendly & even if you have never developed a website or don’t know anything about it, you should be able to use these platforms and set up your store easily. Of course, if you have the budget you can also hire a professional to do it for you.
- Start marketing:
- Create business social media accounts
- Connect your store to Google Shopping, Facebook shopping & Instagram shopping.
- Design your content calendar
- Start posting regularly
- If you have the budget, run paid ads to increase awareness of your brand and convert customers
Top dropshipping suppliers in the UAE
- Ali Express
Helpful tools for running a dropshipping business
The best part today is there are many tools available (some of them free) to help you take your business to the next level.
- Instagram Business
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console